Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ahoy thar!


I think it's about time to get this blog properly started. What will it be about? It'll be my art blog. Not a sketch blog, as I've got a LiveJournal for that, but a place to post my better work. There will be finished art, the occasional sketch, and who knows what else - only time will tell. My only hopes are that I keep improving as time goes on, and that others enjoy my work.

So, who am I? I'm Carolyn. I like fantasy and sci-fi, monsters and anthropomorphic animals, and color. Lots and lots of color. And there's a strong possibility that I'll be adding Dr. Who to my list of likes in the near future.

Characters are perhaps my foremost creative passion - I love taking normally unbelievable characters and making them as life-like as possible. I hope that my future holds a career involving that sort of practice.

Where else can I be found? A number of places, often times under the alias of my artistic mascot, Kyrahlynn (yes, my fifteen-year-old-self was soooooo clever when it came to names.) Here are a few:

deviantART
LiveJournal
(Intended mostly for the eyes of friends, but I'm happy to add just about anybody.)
Art9
ArtSpots
Last.fm


Keep yer eyes peeled, as there's more on the horizon...anchors aweigh!



(Yes, yes, I know this is cheesy. Hush.)





2 comments:

  1. Your work with traditional media always amazes me:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Kavs! That means a lot coming from you :)


    (And I am wondering why blogspot lacks threaded comments. This is a conundrum.)

    ReplyDelete